An IoT solution to help people brush their teeth better
Our brief was to create a device and mobile application to help people brush their teeth correctly and positively reward them for it. Simultaneously providing the user's dentist insight into helping them improve their oral health
PRESS & AWARDS OUR WORK ACHIEVED FOR OUR CUSTOMER
Challenges to Solve
- Need to create a technical solution from scratch, as one was not available on the market.
- How can you provide realtime feedback to users, which is easy to interpret to help users brush their teeth correctly.
- Create a habit forming user experience.
- Requirement to maintain patient privacy, whilst offering data to the patient’s authorised dentist securely.
WHAT WE CREATED
A small device, which attaches to any toothbrush (manual or electric), tracking the user’s brushing activity. Connects to a custom developed iOS and Android mobile app, which provides live feedback to manoeuvre the user to correct brushing.
Track performance through the app and earn points for correct brushing, which can be redeemed for monetary benefits.
Provide an admin panel for dentists to create custom brushing plans and track their brushing.
How Our Work Helped the Business
- Android & iOS mobile app
- Web admin panel
- Push notifications
- Secure handling of user data
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Data syncing from hardware
- Rewards management system
- Brushing score algorithm